Approved Billing Agent: 3530170X
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Medical Billing Service (referred to as ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) will provide billing services to you by facilitating the recovery of amounts set out in the invoices that are provided to us by you or on your behalf (‘Services’).
- We will seek to ensure that the Services are performed in a skilful, efficient and courteous manner.
- In consideration of the provision of the Services, we will be entitled to a processing fee calculated as a percentage of the amount recovered by us on your behalf. The rate of the processing fee is indicated on the first page of this form as the ‘Processing Fee Rate’.
- We will deduct the processing fee from any payment made to us on your behalf, including by your patient, Medicare, health fund, Transport Accident Commission and WorkCover. Once we have received payment, we will pay you an amount equal to the amount we have received less the processing fee by making a deposit into your nominated bank.
- We will not accept a billing sheet from you if more than 18 months have elapsed since the treatment was provided to the patient.
- If you require a co-payment or out-of-pocket cost to be paid by your patient, you should establish a written informed financial consent with your patient, which must be provided to us upon request.
- We will not process incomplete or illegible billing sheets or invoices which have been provided to us. We will return any incomplete or illegible billing sheets or invoices to you. Examples of data that, if not provided legibly, may render a billing sheet incomplete include: patient demographics, Medicare/health fund details, referral details, TAC claim number, WorkCover claim number, accident date and date, time and site of treatment.
- You must ensure that the provider number supplied to us is for our use only (ie, it cannot be used by a hospital or other billing service as well). You may be charged an administration fee for any monies deposited into our bank account in relation to deposits, which have not been processed by us.
- We will periodically provide you with detailed reports, including account statements, Business Activity Statements for taxation purposes and end of financial year reports. You may request additional information from us at any time by contacting us by telephone on (03) 8379 3555 or by email at [email protected]
- The relationship between you and us is not one of employment, partnership or agency. We are only responsible for the provision of the Services on the terms and conditions contained herein.
- You acknowledge that we may collect (whether directly from you or from any other party) ‘personal information’ as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) about you for the purposes of performing the Services. If you do not provide some or all of the ‘personal information’ that we request, our ability to provide the Services to you may be affected.
- We may use or disclose the ‘personal information’ and ‘sensitive information’ we have collected (whether directly within or outside Australia) in accordance with the Privacy Act for the purposes of providing the Services to you. You warrant that you have obtained your patient’s consent to disclose their ‘personal information’ and ‘sensitive information’ to us for the purposes of us providing the Services to you. You further warrant that you have obtained your patient’s consent to our use or disclosure of their ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive information’ for the purposes of providing the Services to you.
- You and your patients may seek access to any ‘personal information’ held by us by contacting our Privacy Officer by telephone on (03) 8379 3501 or by email at [email protected]We may charge reasonable costs in providing any access to the ‘personal information’ held by us.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in works and inventions (including programs, systems, marketing techniques, client information, manuals, designs, materials and records) conceived, developed, written or otherwise created by us in the course of providing the Services and doing what might reasonably be implied to be part of the Services, whether during or outside working hours, vest solely in us and are our property and you agree to do nothing that might interfere, conflict with or challenge that
- You may terminate this arrangement at any time by providing us with 30 days’ notice in writing.
- We will not be liable to make payment of any money to you and/or any third party unless and until we have received a payment on your behalf.
- We will not be liable to you and/or any third party for any loss caused directly or indirectly by us acting upon your request (whether written or oral), instruction, notice or consent except where we have acted negligently, fraudulently or in breach of these terms and conditions. Where we are held to be liable, the amount of our liability is limited to the amounts we have received on your behalf less the applicable processing
- We must exercise reasonable care in carrying out the Services but subject to us acting in good faith and without negligence, fraud or breach of these terms and conditions, you will keep us indemnified for any loss suffered by us as a result of acting at your request.